This is intresting,
Thnx for sharing!
Seppe
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have done a clean install of Windows 10 1709. System, including on board USB, works fine until I plug into the motherboard connectors with external USB devices - card reader, front side usb ports. Then when I go to windows, Cortana box and Start menu and task bar are inoperable. When I shut down, I get the Taskhost is stopping..... message.
Have done the clean install several times and also did System File Checker.
Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is intresting,
Thnx for sharing!
Seppe
I just the same issue happen about an hour ago. It does seem to be related to USB 3.0 and was saying in my device manager that it couldn't identify the device (wireless headphones in my case). Switching it to USB 2.0 seemed to fix it but I still get the same error you have when trying to restart or log off.
Changing the port and logging out and back in again seems to have brought my task bar back to normal though but I haven't installed any system updates or drivers since last week so it's odd to be popping up now.
Yep had same issue, It was caused by either my external HDD I use every day or a new controller I connected with USB3.0 because after I shut my pc down anyway I removed all connected devices (when pc was still running I got an error trying to eject my Ext. Hdd) and then when I started up my pc next day it was running like it should do... It hasn't come back since...
Unfortunately, after two weeks of working with Microsoft support, I had to do a clean install of Windows. The problem has not returned.
I started over using this methodology:
| Diagnostic Policy service | |
|---|---|
| Diagnostic Execution Service | |
| Diagnostic Service Host | |
| Diagnostic System Host | |
| Windows Module Installer | |
| Plug And pLay | |
| Network Store Interface Service | |
| Microsoft Passport | |
| Network List Service | |
| Windows Management Instrumentation | |
| Connected Platform Devices | |
| Active X installer | |
| Application Layer Gateway Service | |
| Credential Manager |