WhatsApp installation stucks at “setting up whatsapp please wait”

Anonymous
2017-12-23T01:56:23+00:00

Hi,

I am having Lumia 640 Dual with Windows 8.1.

I could not install WhatsApp latest version or even beta version from store.

It always stucks at “setting up whatsapp please wait” after phone verification

Really frustrating.

So far I tried

  1. WhatsApp Beta version
  2. Writing. to WhatsApp support
  3. Several times Soft, Hard resets
  4. Upgraded to Windows 10
  5. Windows recovery tool
  6. With or without restoring whatsapp messages

Any help is really appreciated.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
RedSpook-9082 4,765 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2020-04-26T10:27:38+00:00

whatsap instoll

Whatsapp ended support for all Windows Mobile phones on 31.12.2019. You cannot download or install Whatsapp on any Windows phone any more.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

59 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T15:01:03+00:00

    Hi @nelsonfagundez you are so cool it's so simple, but effectively solved my problem THanks a bunch...

    however, why this solution comes up from users like you instead Microsoft team itself that's what being my concern, so late response from Microsoft team :(

    And one sad thing is too late I've tried once from many option to solve the problem which actually my last I could do although I really didn't want it was setting up WhatsApp without restoring back up, this, before I found your solution. 

    by then, when applied ur solution, too late for me of all history chats have gone due to doing set up without restoring back up, said that if not restoring from onedrive back up there's no any chance you could restore it back in the future :( :( I would blame Microsoft for this because I've been searching 5 days before come up from yours and actually my people already got full contacts, how come I would think about adding by only just 1 contact moreover it's manually dude, what the??? but it helps!! so weird man!

    Once again, thanks @nelsonfagundez

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-05T17:08:53+00:00

    Manually. Only a name and number. Save and Done

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T18:06:07+00:00

    Same Issue here

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T05:06:46+00:00

    Manually. Only a name and number. Save and Done

    This is very helpful information .. Thnx

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments