Fresh Install Win 10 v 1709 Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Error Event log 100 + times

Anonymous
2017-11-12T01:46:57+00:00

Error is at bottom. "What was I doing when I noticed this error"?  Nothing usually the errors do not 'present' themselves - I just see them in event viewer.  3k + errors can not be good.

Specs:

Computer Age: 2-3 yrs w/new component (HD, Ram, CD, VideoCard installed 6-12 mo ago)

Win 10 x64 1709 - Freshly installed following directions from people here

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz (Used Intel website to verify current)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

   Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM

        Page File: 8204MB used, 2711MB available

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ( 927.0 GB 414 GB Free )

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Lenovo mobo  I1KT38AUS (Bios upto date)

Steps done so far:

Windows Trouble Shooter; Maintance; Health and other Diag software

Updated ALL Drivers from Manufacturer when applicable

Fresh Install Windows (Win 10 x64 1709)

MEMTEST (Pass Mark)

Additional PASSMARK testing

Updated Intel Drivers (Intel)

Lifeguard (Western Digital - Hard Drive Integrity)

BleepingComputer/Malewarebytes (Forums; They checked my logs for maleware - clean)

Windows Defender Updated & Clean

Deleted Temp/Junk files (CC Cleaner/Manual)

HWMonitor (CPUID) & CoreTemp

Chkdsk

Internet Speed Checking

Bought new Nvidia video card

ALL of these came back clean.  My event viewer has countless errors, which is not always a problem - but over 3,000 It is literally reporting 1 a minute.  The most recent, what is it?

100 + times:

- System
- Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ Guid] {E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156} <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ EventSourceName] Software Protection Platform Service <br> --- --- --- --- ---
- EventID 16385 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 49152 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Version 0 <br> --- --- ---
Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
Task 0 <br> --- --- ---
Opcode 0 <br> --- --- ---
Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
- TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2017-11-12T01:06:40.431644800Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
EventRecordID 3681 <br> --- --- ---
Correlation <br> --- ---
- Execution <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ProcessID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ ThreadID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
Computer DESKTOP-803STIB <br> --- --- ---
Security <br> --- ---
- EventData
0x80041315
2117-10-19T01:06:40Z
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T07:07:11+00:00

    Hi Tony,

    To better facilitate your concern regarding Security-SPP Event ID 16385, we suggest that you post your concern on our **Microsoft Developer Network's (MSDN)**page by clicking on this link to have our computer experts and network programmers share their inputs regarding your concern.

    Feel free to post back if you have any other concern.

    Hi Sher!

    Do you know which category I should post it under?  MSDN has lots of category options.  Does it matter which one I choose?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T06:59:12+00:00

    Hi Tony,

    To better facilitate your concern regarding Security-SPP Event ID 16385, we suggest that you post your concern on our **Microsoft Developer Network's (MSDN)**page by clicking on this link to have our computer experts and network programmers share their inputs regarding your concern.

    Feel free to post back if you have any other concern.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T05:48:00+00:00

    Can I bump these posts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T03:22:17+00:00

    Which product licenses are you referring to, exactly? Win 10 license is automatically activated; any other program licenses shouldn't be retained in a clean install because the programs and associated program data will be removed. If not, then that's not a proper clean install, and you should redo it. additionally, since you're now talking about excessive disk usage, follow the steps recommended here

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T03:15:00+00:00

    * Merged *

    People keep offering help. However, they give very standard cut & pastes then leave.  I do not know what to do.   All I can do at this point is beg.  I am a standard home user with a typical family PC.  I did a fresh install on 11/2/2017. I have been trying to fix this for almost 30 days.  Please after you recommend the task scheduler fix stay with me so I can tell you what I see.

    Moved from: Windows 10 / Security & privacy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments