ty... for the interactions, reading my posts and your replies. I will wait for help.
Fresh Install Win 10 v 1709 Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Error Event log 100 + times
Error is at bottom. "What was I doing when I noticed this error"? Nothing usually the errors do not 'present' themselves - I just see them in event viewer. 3k + errors can not be good.
Specs:
Computer Age: 2-3 yrs w/new component (HD, Ram, CD, VideoCard installed 6-12 mo ago)
Win 10 x64 1709 - Freshly installed following directions from people here
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz (Used Intel website to verify current)
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM
Page File: 8204MB used, 2711MB available
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ( 927.0 GB 414 GB Free )
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Lenovo mobo I1KT38AUS (Bios upto date)
Steps done so far:
Windows Trouble Shooter; Maintance; Health and other Diag software
Updated ALL Drivers from Manufacturer when applicable
Fresh Install Windows (Win 10 x64 1709)
MEMTEST (Pass Mark)
Additional PASSMARK testing
Updated Intel Drivers (Intel)
Lifeguard (Western Digital - Hard Drive Integrity)
BleepingComputer/Malewarebytes (Forums; They checked my logs for maleware - clean)
Windows Defender Updated & Clean
Deleted Temp/Junk files (CC Cleaner/Manual)
HWMonitor (CPUID) & CoreTemp
Chkdsk
Internet Speed Checking
Bought new Nvidia video card
ALL of these came back clean. My event viewer has countless errors, which is not always a problem - but over 3,000 It is literally reporting 1 a minute. The most recent, what is it?
100 + times:
| - | System |
|---|
| - | Provider | <br> | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br> | [ Name] | Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br><br> | [ Guid] | {E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156} | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br><br> | [ EventSourceName] | Software Protection Platform Service | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| - | EventID | 16385 | <br> | --- | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br> | [ Qualifiers] | 49152 | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Version | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Level | 2 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Task | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Opcode | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Keywords | 0x80000000000000 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| - | TimeCreated | <br> | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br> | [ SystemTime] | 2017-11-12T01:06:40.431644800Z | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| EventRecordID | 3681 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Correlation | <br> | --- | --- |
|---|
| - | Execution | <br> | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br> | [ ProcessID] | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br><br> | [ ThreadID] | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Channel | Application | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Computer | DESKTOP-803STIB | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Security | <br> | --- | --- |
|---|
| - | EventData |
|---|
| 0x80041315 |
|---|
| 2117-10-19T01:06:40Z |
|---|
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-11-21T17:14:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-11-21T16:42:31+00:00 With your self-confessed level of experience at a maintenance level I see these options for you:
- Have the machine serviced.
- Ask a computer-savvy friend to help you.
- Grant me access to your PC so that I can have a look at your problem.
-
Anonymous
2017-11-21T15:58:11+00:00 * Merged *
I have unsuccessfully been asking for help for 4 weeks. I am a family PC user, not an ADMIN or Tech. I do not understand what task scheduler is and am unable to change it on my own.
The above error has been reported to have to do with Software Licenses, Task Scheduler, Maleware or Timezones.
I purchased IoBit Driver Boost Software on 10/29/2017. On 11/2/2017 I was informed I should not have bought this product. After uninstalling this, I discovered tens of thousands of errors. The other day I (11/19/2017) I discovered DriverBooster is still active in my task scheduler. However, I uninstalled it (11/2) I paid money for this program. I called their tech support 3 hours ago. Now they are demanding money to help me remove it. I paid for it and they want money to help me remove it - LOL? Is this the cause of the error? Please and assistance here.
No one is helping :( I am being told to go to TechNet and other places, no one is helping. My task scheduler is set to "Automatic" and is stopped. I do not know what Task Scheduler is. I have tried to follow some steps. But this is a standard home PC Win10 wired only with 1 other device attached (cable/ATT uverse). I do not understand how a program I uninstalled 3 weeks ago is still showing up (See that one picture?)
-
Anonymous
2017-11-21T00:24:01+00:00 Tony,
I found some info on what SSP is:
"Sppsvc.exe is a Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, which is also referred to as sppsvc. It belongs to Microsoft Windows Operating System and is one of the integral parts of the Windows OS. The service is aimed at piracy prevention and software tampering protection, which helps to initiate licensing easier."
I need to get some info on your build of Windows 10.
Could you get me a screen shot of your Settings About Box?
Thanks