Fresh Install Win 10 v 1709 Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Error Event log 100 + times

Anonymous
2017-11-12T01:46:57+00:00

Error is at bottom. "What was I doing when I noticed this error"?  Nothing usually the errors do not 'present' themselves - I just see them in event viewer.  3k + errors can not be good.

Specs:

Computer Age: 2-3 yrs w/new component (HD, Ram, CD, VideoCard installed 6-12 mo ago)

Win 10 x64 1709 - Freshly installed following directions from people here

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz (Used Intel website to verify current)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

   Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM

        Page File: 8204MB used, 2711MB available

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ( 927.0 GB 414 GB Free )

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Lenovo mobo  I1KT38AUS (Bios upto date)

Steps done so far:

Windows Trouble Shooter; Maintance; Health and other Diag software

Updated ALL Drivers from Manufacturer when applicable

Fresh Install Windows (Win 10 x64 1709)

MEMTEST (Pass Mark)

Additional PASSMARK testing

Updated Intel Drivers (Intel)

Lifeguard (Western Digital - Hard Drive Integrity)

BleepingComputer/Malewarebytes (Forums; They checked my logs for maleware - clean)

Windows Defender Updated & Clean

Deleted Temp/Junk files (CC Cleaner/Manual)

HWMonitor (CPUID) & CoreTemp

Chkdsk

Internet Speed Checking

Bought new Nvidia video card

ALL of these came back clean.  My event viewer has countless errors, which is not always a problem - but over 3,000 It is literally reporting 1 a minute.  The most recent, what is it?

100 + times:

- System
- Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ Guid] {E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156} <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ EventSourceName] Software Protection Platform Service <br> --- --- --- --- ---
- EventID 16385 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 49152 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Version 0 <br> --- --- ---
Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
Task 0 <br> --- --- ---
Opcode 0 <br> --- --- ---
Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
- TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2017-11-12T01:06:40.431644800Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
EventRecordID 3681 <br> --- --- ---
Correlation <br> --- ---
- Execution <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ProcessID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ ThreadID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
Computer DESKTOP-803STIB <br> --- --- ---
Security <br> --- ---
- EventData
0x80041315
2117-10-19T01:06:40Z
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-21T20:46:56+00:00

    Sorry, I just expected some type of help when I posted in a community designed by Microsoft that is intended to help people.  Thank you for the interaction, taking time to read my post and your replies.  I've received help with other concerns, I am confident

    Strange, Frederik did seem to offer you some help. Maybe not the magic wand you expected but he did reach out.

    Regardless of this, it appears you fell for some pretty bad crapware. With 30,000 error events  each week it can't get much worse. I think Frederik somewhat overreached himself when he offered to solve your problem. Crapware is notoriously hard to deal with and it takes someone who has experience with Driver Boost Software to really get rid of it. By the way - I would never touch software that offers to boost my PC's performance. It is inherently suspect because it implies that its author can do better than Microsoft. Not very likely!

    Now I am being trolled by his friends?  I am posting on one of the world's largest support forums for help.  If you have any advice, I am open.  If not that is fine too.  I appreciate you taking the time to look at my post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-21T20:32:38+00:00

    Sorry, I just expected some type of help when I posted in a community designed by Microsoft that is intended to help people.  Thank you for the interaction, taking time to read my post and your replies.  I've received help with other concerns, I am confident

    Strange, Frederik did seem to offer you some help. Maybe not the magic wand you expected but he did reach out.

    Regardless of this, it appears you fell for some pretty bad crapware. With 30,000 error events  each week it can't get much worse. I think Frederik somewhat overreached himself when he offered to solve your problem. Crapware is notoriously hard to deal with and it takes someone who has experience with Driver Boost Software to really get rid of it. By the way - I would never touch software that offers to boost my PC's performance. It is inherently suspect because it implies that its author can do better than Microsoft. Not very likely!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-21T18:28:25+00:00

    Sorry, I just expected some type of help when I posted in a community designed by Microsoft that is intended to help people.  Thank you for the interaction, taking time to read my post and your replies.  I've received help with other concerns, I am confident I will get some with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-21T17:49:22+00:00

    I am a family PC user, not an ADMIN or Tech.  I do not understand what task scheduler is and am unable to change it on my own.

    I've been using computers for over 30 yrs now.  I can rewire my entire home from watching youtube videos.  I am here asking for help, not to be reminded of my lack of computer network experience.

    Sorry, my intent was not to remind you of anything. I was merely paraphrasing your own statement. And I wrote "maintenance level" (e.g. Task Scheduler), not "networking".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments