Tony,
Until we can find a fix, there is the option to turn off the Log for that event.
To do that go into the event viewer and go to the Security-SSP-UX-GenuineCenter-Logging / Operational log. Right click and select Disable Log
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Error is at bottom. "What was I doing when I noticed this error"? Nothing usually the errors do not 'present' themselves - I just see them in event viewer. 3k + errors can not be good.
Specs:
Computer Age: 2-3 yrs w/new component (HD, Ram, CD, VideoCard installed 6-12 mo ago)
Win 10 x64 1709 - Freshly installed following directions from people here
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz (Used Intel website to verify current)
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM
Page File: 8204MB used, 2711MB available
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ( 927.0 GB 414 GB Free )
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Lenovo mobo I1KT38AUS (Bios upto date)
Steps done so far:
Windows Trouble Shooter; Maintance; Health and other Diag software
Updated ALL Drivers from Manufacturer when applicable
Fresh Install Windows (Win 10 x64 1709)
MEMTEST (Pass Mark)
Additional PASSMARK testing
Updated Intel Drivers (Intel)
Lifeguard (Western Digital - Hard Drive Integrity)
BleepingComputer/Malewarebytes (Forums; They checked my logs for maleware - clean)
Windows Defender Updated & Clean
Deleted Temp/Junk files (CC Cleaner/Manual)
HWMonitor (CPUID) & CoreTemp
Chkdsk
Internet Speed Checking
Bought new Nvidia video card
ALL of these came back clean. My event viewer has countless errors, which is not always a problem - but over 3,000 It is literally reporting 1 a minute. The most recent, what is it?
100 + times:
| - | System |
|---|
| - | Provider | <br> | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br> | [ Name] | Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br><br> | [ Guid] | {E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156} | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br><br> | [ EventSourceName] | Software Protection Platform Service | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| - | EventID | 16385 | <br> | --- | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br> | [ Qualifiers] | 49152 | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Version | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Level | 2 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Task | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Opcode | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Keywords | 0x80000000000000 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| - | TimeCreated | <br> | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br> | [ SystemTime] | 2017-11-12T01:06:40.431644800Z | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| EventRecordID | 3681 | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Correlation | <br> | --- | --- |
|---|
| - | Execution | <br> | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br> | [ ProcessID] | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- | <br><br><br><br><br> | [ ThreadID] | 0 | <br> | --- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Channel | Application | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Computer | DESKTOP-803STIB | <br> | --- | --- | --- |
|---|
| Security | <br> | --- | --- |
|---|
| - | EventData |
|---|
| 0x80041315 |
|---|
| 2117-10-19T01:06:40Z |
|---|
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tony,
I found some info on what SSP is:
"Sppsvc.exe is a Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, which is also referred to as sppsvc. It belongs to Microsoft Windows Operating System and is one of the integral parts of the Windows OS. The service is aimed at piracy prevention and software tampering protection, which helps to initiate licensing easier."
I need to get some info on your build of Windows 10.
Could you get me a screen shot of your Settings About Box?
Thanks
You are pretty awesome/amazing. At least you are trying to help. It seems to have something to do with "Task Scheduler"? I don't even know what that is. As this is just my PC used on occasion by my daughter, we are not "admins". We have no specific tasks. I am sure Win10 does in the background.
So, your guess is just try some different timezones and look at my event viewer see if I can get this error to stop. #%#$^^# it is approaching 30,000 errors a week - lol. I am ready to hit myself with a lead pipe.
Tony,
I think the other guy who had this problem had a time zone that was 30 min off from the standard, when he changed to a non 30 minute timezone it fixed his problem.
Searching Google, I see that this error, has bee around in windows 7, 8, and windows 2012 server too.
Some people said it may be tied to NORTON.
Are you using NORTON by chance?
I need help please. This error is a known bug. It is happening 30,000 times a week about.
I am 100% positive Task Scheduler is "automatic". It is stopped. But it is automatic.
I said this here, "But in "Method 1***:I suggest you to verify that the Task Scheduler service is running. ." "*PressWindows + R* keys, type* services.msc" ****Task Scheduler is "Automatic". It is stopped currently in services.msc. <------
I need assistance beyond the typical copy and paste please. If you have any questions about my initial reply, the photos I posted or anything please ask. Something is wrong and I am not getting assistance from anyone.
Tony