Fresh Install Win 10 v 1709 Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Error Event log 100 + times

Anonymous
2017-11-12T01:46:57+00:00

Error is at bottom. "What was I doing when I noticed this error"?  Nothing usually the errors do not 'present' themselves - I just see them in event viewer.  3k + errors can not be good.

Specs:

Computer Age: 2-3 yrs w/new component (HD, Ram, CD, VideoCard installed 6-12 mo ago)

Win 10 x64 1709 - Freshly installed following directions from people here

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz (Used Intel website to verify current)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

   Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM

        Page File: 8204MB used, 2711MB available

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ( 927.0 GB 414 GB Free )

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Lenovo mobo  I1KT38AUS (Bios upto date)

Steps done so far:

Windows Trouble Shooter; Maintance; Health and other Diag software

Updated ALL Drivers from Manufacturer when applicable

Fresh Install Windows (Win 10 x64 1709)

MEMTEST (Pass Mark)

Additional PASSMARK testing

Updated Intel Drivers (Intel)

Lifeguard (Western Digital - Hard Drive Integrity)

BleepingComputer/Malewarebytes (Forums; They checked my logs for maleware - clean)

Windows Defender Updated & Clean

Deleted Temp/Junk files (CC Cleaner/Manual)

HWMonitor (CPUID) & CoreTemp

Chkdsk

Internet Speed Checking

Bought new Nvidia video card

ALL of these came back clean.  My event viewer has countless errors, which is not always a problem - but over 3,000 It is literally reporting 1 a minute.  The most recent, what is it?

100 + times:

- System
- Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ Guid] {E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156} <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ EventSourceName] Software Protection Platform Service <br> --- --- --- --- ---
- EventID 16385 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 49152 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Version 0 <br> --- --- ---
Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
Task 0 <br> --- --- ---
Opcode 0 <br> --- --- ---
Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
- TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2017-11-12T01:06:40.431644800Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
EventRecordID 3681 <br> --- --- ---
Correlation <br> --- ---
- Execution <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ProcessID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ ThreadID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
Computer DESKTOP-803STIB <br> --- --- ---
Security <br> --- ---
- EventData
0x80041315
2117-10-19T01:06:40Z
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T03:22:17+00:00

    Which product licenses are you referring to, exactly? Win 10 license is automatically activated; any other program licenses shouldn't be retained in a clean install because the programs and associated program data will be removed. If not, then that's not a proper clean install, and you should redo it. additionally, since you're now talking about excessive disk usage, follow the steps recommended here

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-12T05:44:55+00:00

    The Software Protection Platform Service is the service that checks software licenses, afaik. Does it say in the Settings that your Windows is activated? Maybe it had an error when you installed 1709 for some reason? Try stopping the service from services.msc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T01:07:18+00:00

    Hi Tony,

    Here are the possible causes why the "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart" error occurs:

    • The Task Scheduler service is disabled.
    • The Software Protection Platform service is not running under the NETWORK SERVICE account.

    To resolve this error, please check Deepika Gowda's post from this link.

    We would appreciate an update about how it went.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-16T20:40:22+00:00

    * Merged *

    I apologize, I have been asking a lot of questions.  Many of the replies, I do not fully understand.  I am a non-tech typical Windows user. 

    FRESH INSTALL Win 10 on 11/2/2017.

    "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2117-10-23T20:22:32Z. Error Code: 0x80041315."  

    The error is happening every 30 seconds (about)

    Listed in my event viewer 14,829 times in 7 days.  I think I asked about it before.  However, I never looked at its frequency.  WHAT is is?  :)

    What was I doing when this error occurred:

    Using my computer normally, I found the error in event viewer - it did not "pop up" or present itself.

    What is my Windows 10x64 build?

    1709

    What have I done to repair the error:

    Ran Scan disk

    Freshly installed Windows 10 days ago (Following instructions here)

    Tested my hard drive with Lifeguard (Western Digital)

    Memory with MEMTEST

    Utilized EVERY Windows trouble shooting Tool

    Ran Multiple Passmark diagnostic tools

    Downloaded drivers directly from MANF

    Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2117-10-23T20:22:32Z. Error Code: 0x80041315.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-16T14:12:26+00:00

    The Software Protection Platform Service is the service that checks software licenses, afaik. Does it say in the Settings that your Windows is activated? Maybe it had an error when you installed 1709 for some reason?

    Try stopping the service from services.msc.

    I do not know what I had or what is going on. It is difficult/impossible to get assistance here.  My primary problem is my disk resources are being eaten/hijacked by another program/process.

    I've done all the fixes here: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-100-disk-usage-in-task-manager-improve-pc-performance-on-windows-10/

    I turned off all notifications. I completely removed skype.  I did a 100% fresh install of Win10 following directions here.  Oddly after the fresh install license information for other programs was saved.  So, it was not 100% fresh.

    I was told this theft of resources could be the cause of the event viewer issues.  Of course I updated all drivers from Manf/mobo & checked BIOS.  I checked temps/voltage.

    I do not know if relevant.  But when I am using it Microsoft Edge seems to take an unreasonable high amount of resources.  I've did diagnostic with LifeGuard (Western Digital), Microsoft Trouble Shooting, Passmark (MEMTEST & Such) all report hardware is fine.  No compactors are swollen, no melting glue or issues on mobo. this personal PC passes visual inspection like a champ too.  This has to be me, a dumb mistake I made something I changed.  I've been trying to get help for 3-4 weeks.  Computer lags/slows when disk resources spike.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments