Look at the links I posted earlier and try a Windows 8 driver for your graphics. It may work. Using the one for your HP would only work if it uses the same graphics type.
Display Driver has suddenly defaulted to Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver
Hi All
My 7 year old Dell XPS Studio laptop, which has been running Win 10 nicely for the last couple of years, has now changed my ATi Radeon HD 3560 driver to the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver, presumably after a Win update.
Consequently, my screen resolution is not correct. There is no option of changing the screen resolution back to the previous setting, as it is no longer there.
I now can't revert back to the previous graphics driver (no rollback option, no system restore option, and no way of downloading the discontinued Ati drivers)
I have tried uninstalling the display driver through Device Manager and scanning for hardware changes, but no luck there.
Windows update says I have the latest driver.
Uninstalling the previous windows update has no effect either.
The display was running correctly previously , but the basic Microsoft driver has now taken over.
Would anyone have any ideas, short of reinstalling Windows again?
Thank You
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-11-29T12:19:08+00:00 These are my choices
3 of the same and the Basic Display. ... none of them fix the problem.. Can I use the drive like the one on my HP computer.. it is an Intel.. or is there a compatible display driver I can use besides the one that is not compatible with 10... the company stopped doing updates at Windows 8 apparently
The HP computer has an Intel(r) HD Graphics driver... will that work on my Dell?
-
Anonymous
2017-11-29T10:55:46+00:00 ATI Raedon HD 4300/4500 The problem is there is no 1600x900 screen resolution for me to choose from.. also it says the best driver is already installed...
Then when I click on update driver I get this
And of course the company has no updated drivers for windows 10..
If Microsoft would just do an update to add the 1600x900 resoultion option to our systems we could then fix the problem quite easily!
-
Neil D 34,340 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2017-11-28T22:10:34+00:00 All I would do is a Google search and then look for Windows 8 drivers for the driver you require. I don't use them myself.
You may have to install the driver in compatibility mode for Windows 8 if it doesn't run in Windows 10.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Could be this one.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%208%20-%2064