Same here - WTF Microsoft.
Go to device manager - right click on video card - select properties - select rollback driver.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I started my PC today Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 7/25/2017 12:00:00 AM - 22.19.128.0 was installed by Windows Update. Since then, the maximum screen resolution available is 1280 * 1024 whereas it should be 1680 * 1050. See https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=rx+580 for a listing of this update.
This driver should not have been installed as my AMD Radeon HD 4350 GPU is not supported by native drivers in Windows 10: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Driver-Support-for-AMD-Radeon%E2%84%A2-HD-4000,-HD-3000,-HD-2000-and-older-Series.aspx
However, there appears to be no way to remove this update as when I click on the Uninstall updates link in Windows Update, the new driver isn't listed.
How do I remove this driver, go back to the existing driver (version 8.970.100.9001 according to the article above), and prevent the "update" from being installed again?
Thanks!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same here - WTF Microsoft.
Go to device manager - right click on video card - select properties - select rollback driver.
What happens if you select Update driver, then Browse computer and Let me choose etc. Do you see a list of previous drivers.
Another user has posted using a Windows 8 driver worked for them.
Unfortunately, I see a dimmed Rollback driver. It means I have only 1 driver dated 7/25/2017.
Original graphic card was onboard Radeon 4300 on the motherboard. It was working for long time, even after migration to Windows 10. However I need to push a reset button to continue after crashing the circle progress bar, when I power up the desktop.
After Windows big update, I got the issue as discussed in this topic. I have tried several times without success.
Next step, I bought a PCI-e Radeon HD5450. It seems that it does not solve the issue.
Who can deliver me an old software driver?
I think I found a better way to resolve this issue.
You'll need a windows 7 disk and about 30 minutes..
Place the DVD or USB stick in the machine and reboot.
select that boot device.
Wait for the installer to start, at the HDD screen you'll need to wipe the HDD and then do a clean install of windows 7. This is important to fix windows 10!
Once you get to an installed desktop..
Now relax and think how great Microsoft used to be before they started spying on you and constantly bugging you.. then realise your just looking through rose tinted glasses, and come to the realisation there must be a better way...
And then start learning linux..
xD
Roll back the driver:
Device Manager>
Display Adapter>
Choose the main adapater (ATI, AMD, Intel Graphics, whatever you got) Right-click to open properties
Click "Driver" tap and select "Roll back driver' and that should do it.
It worked for my Dell Inspirion 1764 Windows 10 Pro x64