Windows rollback loop

Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:32:10+00:00

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T03:48:49+00:00

    Not just an ASUS issue.  I have a Dell.  Can’t get past the blue screen loop.  Inconceivable that this corporate behemoth can’t do better than this.  MS help is a cruel joke.  Bastards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T04:04:20+00:00

    I'm in a country with abysmal tech support on anything. Please inform me if they can fix the issue at your end. I really need the drafts in my laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T13:24:48+00:00

    Same for me Im on a Asus laptop and my computer is stuck in this unstopable loop of « rollback » since yesturday evening update. Microsoft help us its your job !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T15:51:13+00:00

    Hey everybody, same from here, Microsoft doesn't respond and no solution.

    Take a look to the other post that is having the same discussion (Warning: there are some "user solutions" that may cause damage to your pc so read first all the discussion before trying something) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_10-update/windows-10-rollback-stuck/36604e19-72ca-4e36-aaee-bd0bbea3ab5f?rtAction=1526914134467

    In that post I propouse a thing that you can do if you want to extract your files and save them before something happens.

    Take care and stay in contact if need something (maybe I can help).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T17:19:47+00:00

    after a few tries my computer doesnt even let me acces to the windows startup blue menu, it only restarts and shut down for ever, do you have a solution ? i can open BIOS but i guess i cant do anything in it... Hate my life, I hate microsoft :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments