Windows rollback loop

Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:32:10+00:00

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T23:08:12+00:00

    Same thing. Shows total of three systems on my machine but neither gets the idea to let me even reset. No option to get my system sorted. All worked fine until that stupid and useless update. I have a new laptop for two months after my last was stolen. Now I have nothing and no thanks to you. Also my system seems so corrupted, that I can't even get into the correct login screen. I used to have my pin set as logon but mor it asks for password from the Microsoft account. You ruined 2 months of work on my book and private stuff as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T23:22:35+00:00

    Same here. I got this notebook about 10 months ago and now I have a very nice 14 inch brick. 

    I hate you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T01:00:50+00:00

    Dang sorry thats what worked for me😢

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T02:27:24+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. My ASUS X455L laptop has been stuck on this Windows rollback loop since an update yesterday. I use that laptop for work and save my important drafts on it. This is very disappointing, Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-21T02:50:11+00:00

    RMA —- I contacted Virtual Agent on Microsoft Support’s website and asked how i could talk to MS about an issue. They asked for explanation of issue. I had to include a contact phone number. I was advised that someone from Tech Support would return my call within 30 minutes. Someone did. Tried to help and spent 15 minutes, but could never get it resolved. I am to be contacted tomorrow at noon by a supervisor since today is Sunday. Will let you know tomorrow if they could figure it out. Could it be an ASUS issue. There are several of us with this problem on the website...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments