Windows rollback loop

Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:32:10+00:00

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T23:22:35+00:00

    Same here. I got this notebook about 10 months ago and now I have a very nice 14 inch brick. 

    I hate you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T23:08:12+00:00

    Same thing. Shows total of three systems on my machine but neither gets the idea to let me even reset. No option to get my system sorted. All worked fine until that stupid and useless update. I have a new laptop for two months after my last was stolen. Now I have nothing and no thanks to you. Also my system seems so corrupted, that I can't even get into the correct login screen. I used to have my pin set as logon but mor it asks for password from the Microsoft account. You ruined 2 months of work on my book and private stuff as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T22:46:40+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion, AntDart, but it said it tried, but it said it couldn’t reset the computer....  <sigh>

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T22:13:53+00:00

    I finally found the way to fix it and keep everything how it was before the bug. 

    Hold the power button until the computer turns off and then press the power button back on. Repeat that three times until you get a new page that lists a few options. The one you need is the Recovery Envirnment. Once there click into troubleshooting and then click Reset Computer. It will go through some stuff and then you computer will be how you left it before the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T20:44:52+00:00

    I have the same question. It came up after the last update. I also have ASUS laptop model U56E...  I had to select a keyboard (Englsh) then i would get “continue to windows rollback”. I cant do anything!! The three forced shutdowns dont work, i dont have a bootable startup disk, system restore and system image didnt work... This keeps going in circles! I have never had an update as frustrating as this one! Microsoft, where is you quality control?? Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments