I just had the same problem today: same Rollback loop after a many hours long update. Did I lost all my data? How can I fix it?
Windows rollback loop
After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop. I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation). I do not have a boot disc or USB
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-05-21T21:03:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-05-21T18:23:01+00:00 Well, this is a different thing. Actually you can search this problem like "infinite reboot loop windows 10" and see all the options that you have to solve this problem, however I remember that most of them say that you have to force a restart three times in a row to see that menu again (im not totally sure so please before doing this search propertly and inform yourself with videos or something that proves that it work and wont damage your personal files).
Hope you can fix it :( Good luck
-
Anonymous
2018-05-21T17:19:47+00:00 after a few tries my computer doesnt even let me acces to the windows startup blue menu, it only restarts and shut down for ever, do you have a solution ? i can open BIOS but i guess i cant do anything in it... Hate my life, I hate microsoft :(
-
Anonymous
2018-05-21T15:51:13+00:00 Hey everybody, same from here, Microsoft doesn't respond and no solution.
Take a look to the other post that is having the same discussion (Warning: there are some "user solutions" that may cause damage to your pc so read first all the discussion before trying something) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_10-update/windows-10-rollback-stuck/36604e19-72ca-4e36-aaee-bd0bbea3ab5f?rtAction=1526914134467
In that post I propouse a thing that you can do if you want to extract your files and save them before something happens.
Take care and stay in contact if need something (maybe I can help).
-
Anonymous
2018-05-21T13:24:48+00:00 Same for me Im on a Asus laptop and my computer is stuck in this unstopable loop of « rollback » since yesturday evening update. Microsoft help us its your job !