Windows rollback loop

Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:32:10+00:00

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T10:45:32+00:00

    What can I do if the windows Rollback is in the loop, and even when original DVD windows is inside, "there is no bootable device detected" ? How I should try format HDD ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T05:30:18+00:00

    Ok, our company computer technician was able to retrieve my files. He said that reformatting the computer was the only way to fix this problem. I had to lose all of my softwares. MS, this is your colossal fault!

    I have to buy a new laptop, and will take my solid state drive, put it in the new computer, and reinstall all of the software! The latest Windows 10 update is a disaster!! And MS created it! I am so disgusted! Why isnt this on the news to warn everyone??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T05:23:59+00:00

    Ok, our company computer technician was able to retrieve my files. He said that reformatting the computer was the only way to fix this problem. I had to lose all of my softwares. MS, this is your colossal fault!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T04:57:51+00:00

    I have the same problem since yesterday. My Lenovo laptop E50-80 is a brick now. Is there some solution? And what about a prosecution for loss of data and compensation for damages?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T00:51:01+00:00

    I just had the same problem today: same Rollback loop after a many hours long update. Did I lost all my data? How can I fix it?

    Here’s a Follow up report after taking to the 3rd tech expert from Microsoft by phone. Remember, because i  cant get m ASUS laptop back to a working computer, they cannot work remotely to bring it back to life...

    I have a case number and at the end of my second contact with tech help they said they didnt have a solution, but when the find it, they will contact me. If i dnt hear from them in 2 WEEKS(?!?!),i should contact them again with the Case number.

    i am like many of you who allowed the latest Windows 10 update, and now i cannot access my computer.... only the rollback loop! The tech guy didnt sound optimistic. Ye, gads! Can we trust Microsoft updates anymore? Do i want to buy a computer with Windows again?? Sorry it doesnt look very encouraging.... what’s up with the lastest Windows 10update? Why arent there warnings on it??

    I backed up my harddrive with Carbonite. I hope all is not lost —- except for my faith in Microsoft, I’m sad to say.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments