Windows rollback loop

Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:32:10+00:00

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T02:24:05+00:00

    I finally found the way to fix it and keep everything how it was before the bug. 

    Hold the power button until the computer turns off and then press the power button back on. Repeat that three times until you get a new page that lists a few options. The one you need is the Recovery Envirnment. Once there click into troubleshooting and then click Reset Computer. It will go through some stuff and then you computer will be how you left it before the update.

    Thankd heaps man this worked for me just did reset of my laptop its working eventho a lot of lenovo original apps are deleted dont know why

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T23:34:04+00:00

    Same here from Italy. I don't know what to do, I'm stuck in your same loop. 

     Is Microsoft ignoring us, or working on a solution? This is incredible! So much for updating Windows 10 successfully!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T23:29:52+00:00

    Same here from Italy. I don't know what to do, I'm stuck in your same loop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T15:24:47+00:00

    Im so distraught. My whole life was on this PC and now i feel like ive lost everything

    I was able to get a call from MS tech support when i went thru the Virtual Agent on Under Microsoft’s support. It should pop up. Explain the problem and then someone will call back within a time frame... 

    Sadly, after two long chats with three different people over two days they were not able to find a solution.... but I “will be contacted when they find one.” Then they added, that “if you dont hear from anyone in 2 weeks, contact Microsoft again with the Case number.”

    Sorry.... You are not alone in this issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T13:53:42+00:00

    Im so distraught. My whole life was on this PC and now i feel like ive lost everything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments