I tried to download an ISO, but did not have a location so was not able to. I do not have access to another PC.....I am using my tablet running on Chrome
Windows rollback loop
After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop. I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation). I do not have a boot disc or USB
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-03-20T19:12:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:51:17+00:00 Hello Barry. I am sorry to hear you are having some difficulties with the install process. I am just a community user, like yourself, and would like to share some ideas if I may?
Have you tried to located the ISO (disk installation files) for Windows 10?
I would delete it, and allow for a fresh new ISO to be downloaded.
You can go to the following URL to get the ISO and download it to a USB drive, PRIOR to deleting anything. Make sure you are downloading the correct version of Windows that matches your PC's architecture. With other words: 32-bit or 64-bit.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
I would also keep the attached peripherals to a minimum during this step.
Disconnect external drives (if possible), scanners, printers. We are trying to make the install process as fast as possible and not hit any roadblocks because of an incompatible device driver.
The process may still "loop" a few times but Windows 10 seems to have a built-in algorithm that makes it move or jump past those stumbling blocks.
Summarizing:
Download a new ISO file.
Make sure it is compatible with the architecture of the PC (32-bit or 64-bit)
Delete the old or original ISO which was used for the current install that is in a loop.
Disconnect any legacy devices or equipment which may require special attention. It is OK to keep the keyboard and mouse connected.
I hope these pointers take you in the right direction.
Give me feedback on your results, And best of luck!