I never thought I'd say this but this is the worst ever! My whole life has been deleted with this stupid update! Your screw up Microsoft! I hate apple more than anything but after this mayhem and once I have paid I don't know how much to recover all of my data on a new pc I haven't finished paying yet, i am switching to Apple as absolutely nothing works!!!
Windows rollback loop
After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop. I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation). I do not have a boot disc or USB
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2018-05-25T19:57:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-05-25T17:09:58+00:00 Hi Barry, I have an Asus X550C and encountered the same issue, I was going through all the suggestions on this thread but none of them worked (including the 3 shut downs and choose reset). However I did eventually stumble across a fix. Select your Language when prompted then go to Troubleshoot. Now I've forgotten the precise steps so please forgive me but one of the options give you the option of which Windows to boot from, you have the option of Windows Rollback then one or 2 Windows 10 volumes, there is somewhere an option to choose the default volume, in here choose one of the Windows 10 volumes and not the rollback one and restart and this should boot to the original Windows.
Hope that helps everyone!
Cheers
Adam
-
Anonymous
2018-05-25T14:19:10+00:00 Bom Dia!!
Acompanhei o tópico por alguns dias, pois diversas máquina que utilizo apresentaram o erro ROLLBACK LOOP. Porém, hoje resolvi arriscar e deu certo:
SOLUÇÃO: MOVER TODOS OS ARQUIVOS DA PASTA WINDOWS.OLD PARA C:\
Espero que resolva pra outros.
Abraços!!
-
Anonymous
2018-05-24T19:30:19+00:00 Same problem here, but reset did solve things for me, but i'm deactivating Windows 10 Update all together, i have quite a powerfull desktop but sometimes it starts to give me in game freezing (lag spike), and it's always windows update stuff using 100% of my SSD.
I'll bring w10 update to life when i'm not using my PC that much tho.