I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"

Anonymous
2017-12-13T19:03:00+00:00

After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work  either. Not a CAPS lock problem.

Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-13T11:03:09+00:00

    Hy, I've tried for six month to to resolve the iussue. I've reasolved to reinstall the OS downloaded from Microsoft to another hard disk and I copied all data from old hard disk to the new hd.

    The new os has a request pin function.

    Bye

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-17T17:49:04+00:00

    I went crazy with this problem!!!! If I didn't see your message I would have reinstalled OS that would not been a good thing. I added new keyboard language and didn't know that I needed to change to default "English" prior to login. Your tip sort of helped solve the mystery.  Instead using the virtual keyboard I switched back to "EN" on keyboard language at the bottom right. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2019-03-16T23:58:20+00:00

    I found out that my system rebooted after a windows 10 update with the wrong keyboard (it went from qwerty to azerty) so when i typed my password it was refused. I used the virtual keyboard (found at the bottom right of the login screen) to type my password and it worked. Then changed the configuration of my keyboard from azerty to qwerty.

    This hint solved it for me. Used virtual keyboard to type in password, noted that Num Lock had been enabled by typing into Notepad and disabled it. Num Lock had been enabled in Windows Update process.  Thanks ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments