Just did a clean install and getting the exact same error.
I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"
After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work either. Not a CAPS lock problem.
Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-06-08T18:20:27+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-08T18:27:11+00:00 Tried that. Brand new password - it says "you can't use a password you've already used."
-
Anonymous
2018-06-08T18:31:05+00:00 Try entering a new password you can't use the ones you've already used.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-08T18:34:19+00:00 sorry I misread your post you tried this. Can you login to Microsoft Account online with new password?
-
Anonymous
2018-06-08T19:12:28+00:00 That's what we've been trying to do. For some reason the THIRD new password was accepted. I'm wondering if part of the problem was that we were doing a fresh install on one computer but hadn't fully decommissioned her other computer - in other words, one account on two computers at the same time.