I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"

Anonymous
2017-12-13T19:03:00+00:00

After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work  either. Not a CAPS lock problem.

Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-02T00:54:27+00:00

    I was tempted to use my laptop as a boat anchor but i decided to keep trying because i couldnt afford a new computer.  I think if you hold the shift key down when you start the computer it should take you to the boot screen. Youll need to back up your info onto a USB then uninstall and reinstall.  Thats how i did it i think.... it was a while ago.  

    Or you could try this youtube clip

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIOazT1BxU&autoplay=1

    good luck or ring Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-10T01:43:26+00:00

    Hi I just did a restart and it worked. Good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-09T12:16:04+00:00

    Had this problem for months, what I did was change my sign in from my microsoft account to a local account. Boom it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-09T13:42:15+00:00

    Is there a number that I can call mmm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments