My problem is that after an update Windows tries to log me in with a Microsoft key. I have always logged in with a local key but this does not work anymore. After following a lot of threads on various forums I finally gave up and started from scratch.
I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"
After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work either. Not a CAPS lock problem.
Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-05-28T08:11:00+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-05-28T08:00:36+00:00 Thank you for mentioning the keyboard. I tried changing my password a few times unsuccessfully. I then pressed the 'show' button when typing in the new password and noticed that one key typed a different character in the box for changing the password to that typed when inputting the password in the log in screen. I had made no adjustments to the keyboard at any time. I used the virtual keyboard to type in the new password and then had no trouble logging in using my normal keyboard.
-
Anonymous
2018-04-18T06:00:00+00:00 Has anybody had any luck with a solution to this annoying problem. I have been trying for two days and still nothing to help except using the computer as a boat anchor now..... sooooo over it, help please.
Hi, thanks to Greg Carmack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/f809b40e-6005-48ef-981e-0280ae3f1c38 above, i did a clean Windows 10 install and all is good again (and way faster i might add).
I had to do this route sice i could not log in, also did not have a power icon so could not restart in safe mode, and the virtual keyboard did not work either.
cheers, and good luck!
-
Anonymous
2018-04-18T04:39:01+00:00 Has anybody had any luck with a solution to this annoying problem. I have been trying for two days and still nothing to help except using the computer as a boat anchor now..... sooooo over it, help please.
-
Anonymous
2018-04-16T23:52:48+00:00 Under the Ease of Access options button on the lower right of the login screen, you should be able to choose to activate the virtual keyboard from which you can enter your password.
Thank you, tried that already and it does not work for me.