I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"

Anonymous
2017-12-13T19:03:00+00:00

After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work  either. Not a CAPS lock problem.

Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T20:59:14+00:00

    Well, the install completed and I've installed all her software. But we then got yet ANOTHER notice that there was "a problem with her Microsoft account" -- and guess what, the password we just used to log in is no longer the correct password. But when I get the code to change passwords, and enter that exact same password again, it tells us we "can't use a previously used password." So it's both WRONG and RIGHT at the same time. 

    Changed it for the fourth time. Fingers crossed that this one sticks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T19:19:32+00:00

    disregard last reply I'm only getting the rest of your message after I send mine through.

    sorry I can't think of another solution right away I'll get back to you when I have another solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T19:14:54+00:00

    Interesting.... so you're up and running again?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T19:12:28+00:00

    That's what we've been trying to do. For some reason the THIRD new password was accepted. I'm wondering if part of the problem was that we were doing a fresh install on one computer but hadn't fully decommissioned her other computer - in other words, one account on two computers at the same time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T18:34:19+00:00

    sorry I misread your post you tried this. Can you login to Microsoft Account online with new password?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments