I went crazy with this problem!!!! If I didn't see your message I would have reinstalled OS that would not been a good thing. I added new keyboard language and didn't know that I needed to change to default "English" prior to login. Your tip sort of helped solve the mystery. Instead using the virtual keyboard I switched back to "EN" on keyboard language at the bottom right. Thank you.
I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"
After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work either. Not a CAPS lock problem.
Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2018-12-17T17:49:04+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-11-13T11:03:09+00:00 Hy, I've tried for six month to to resolve the iussue. I've reasolved to reinstall the OS downloaded from Microsoft to another hard disk and I copied all data from old hard disk to the new hd.
The new os has a request pin function.
Bye
-
Anonymous
2018-11-12T17:05:29+00:00 Thanks. I downloaded and ran the mini-tool. It seemed as if one of the updates had failed toi install, and the mini-tool did the job of installing it. So far, no problems, but as there doesn't appear to have been any further updates, I can't yet be sure it's cured.
Anyway, thanks for the tip. That mini-tool seems to be a useful gadget.
Brian
-
Anonymous
2018-10-24T20:42:10+00:00 Awesome tip.
In my case, I did not have a login box in normal boot nor safe mode. So this allowed a cmd window in normal mode to run cmds and executables.
Ran a malware cleaner which got rid of some infections.
Another thing that helped was running the Windows Update Mini Tool, which after installing an update seemed to fix a bunch of issues.
After rebooting it configured the update and was able to login as normal.