Under the Ease of Access options button on the lower right of the login screen, you should be able to choose to activate the virtual keyboard from which you can enter your password.
I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"
After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work either. Not a CAPS lock problem.
Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-04-16T22:58:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-04-16T18:16:04+00:00 ive got the same problem as the two posts above me, ive honestly tried everything and nothing works
-
Anonymous
2018-04-16T16:12:28+00:00 Exactly the same here. Every possible solution I can find relies on holding shift while pressing the onscreen power button - but I have no onscreen power button just a WiFi and Windows Ease of Access options.
Please can we get a solution, the computer is completely unusable without this and it's clearly a fault of Microsoft so we need a fix!
-
Anonymous
2018-04-16T14:08:55+00:00 I have this exact problem. After a Windows 10 reset, can no longer log in.
The virtual keyboard does not resolve this.
Nor does using "forgot password".
Like Harpinder, my power icon is missing too - so I cannot force a restart into safe mode.
What's the solution please Microsoft?
-
Anonymous
2018-04-13T04:18:29+00:00 I found out that my system rebooted after a windows 10 update with the wrong keyboard (it went from qwerty to azerty) so when i typed my password it was refused. I used the virtual keyboard (found at the bottom right of the login screen) to type my password and it worked. Then changed the configuration of my keyboard from azerty to qwerty.