I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"

Anonymous
2017-12-13T19:03:00+00:00

After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work  either. Not a CAPS lock problem.

Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-24T09:32:34+00:00

    My Company has the same issue multiply user does have this issue.

    We found out that some letter where not working on the keyboard but after logging in the letters did work.

    seems to be a probleem on the lock screen.

    We fix it for the user to reset the password in AD. without the letter that accous the user to login.

    maybe a issue with the lastest Windows update. maybe like the Intel Video driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-12T03:59:14+00:00

    DaveJHol’s,

    You are a genius telling us how to get the virtual keyboard up on the login screen after update 1903 does not accept the password.  I followed your instructions and it worked for me but now I have to work out if I now have to use the virtual keyboard all the time to be able to log on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-09T13:42:15+00:00

    Is there a number that I can call mmm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-09T12:16:04+00:00

    Had this problem for months, what I did was change my sign in from my microsoft account to a local account. Boom it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments