Hy, I've tried for six month to to resolve the iussue. I've reasolved to reinstall the OS downloaded from Microsoft to another hard disk and I copied all data from old hard disk to the new hd.
The new os has a request pin function.
Bye
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work either. Not a CAPS lock problem.
Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hy, I've tried for six month to to resolve the iussue. I've reasolved to reinstall the OS downloaded from Microsoft to another hard disk and I copied all data from old hard disk to the new hd.
The new os has a request pin function.
Bye
Thanks. I downloaded and ran the mini-tool. It seemed as if one of the updates had failed toi install, and the mini-tool did the job of installing it. So far, no problems, but as there doesn't appear to have been any further updates, I can't yet be sure it's cured.
Anyway, thanks for the tip. That mini-tool seems to be a useful gadget.
Brian
Awesome tip.
In my case, I did not have a login box in normal boot nor safe mode. So this allowed a cmd window in normal mode to run cmds and executables.
Ran a malware cleaner which got rid of some infections.
Another thing that helped was running the Windows Update Mini Tool, which after installing an update seemed to fix a bunch of issues.
After rebooting it configured the update and was able to login as normal.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I have, essentially, the same problem, but only on one of my two PCs that have (as far as I know) the same account.
Whenever there's an update, I find that the password I've set up is 'incorrect'. Trying to then go via 'Forgot Password' fails, as it says it 'can't get through just now', no matter how long you wait.
So I do a push-button reset on the PC. I can then sign in with my known password, but it tells me that it has reverted to the previous version of Win10. That password works fine, until it does the update again, which it tries to do quite soon after, as you would expect because the new update has been uninstalled. Then the same problem starts again.
While still in the 'previous version' I successfully used the known password to uncheck the setting that requires a password to log in - this PC is at home and only used by me, so I really don't need a Microsoft password-protected log-in. But after the next update, it was as if that setting was ignored, and it asks for the password. Hitting Enter (ie no password) has no effect, and the known password is 'incorrect', yet again.
None of this occurs on my other PC, where I've successfully cancelled the need for a password.