Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-11T19:00:31+00:00

    Thanks so much for sharing, thecompu.  This fixed it for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-15T21:33:38+00:00

    I believe this is just one more way to make us buy a new version of Office.

    I can not reinstall Outlook 2010 as I can not access a Mail app and it has the old setting of my previous installation that now does not have a PST file associated with it. I have spent over 20 hrs trying to fix outlook 2010 over the past 4 months on my Windows 10 computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-29T05:16:35+00:00

    I had this problem, too.

    I was able to manage profiles by running Outlook 2016 with the following startup switch:

    outlook /manageprofiles

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T16:21:12+00:00

    I did that a few times with no change the Mail icon was still missing I even used iOBit uninstaller - removed registry settings but still no mail icon then I searched the start menu and I saw My Office --- which is the Office Dell sends out with their PC's usually (always) i have to uninstall that version before i can even install Office 365 Pro 2016 which I did on my laptop about a year and a half ago --- but after a big Office update recently and a big update of Win 10 I started having all these issues with Outlook not starting or only starting in safe mode......................  

     So I right clicked the My Office icon on the start menu and i chose uninstall (which usually takes me to Control Panel to uninstall) but this time it just removed that icon  then I went to see if it somehow it returned to my pc after these updates in add remove programs (it did not) ..................... anyway after removing that icon Outlook started to work normally the Mail icon returned to control panel and my headache is still kicking.................

    until someone can create an OS that is not iOS we are stuck with MS who obviously knows this so they just do whatever when ever and there is nothing that can be done but do what we are doing here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-13T17:33:46+00:00

    I encountered the same issue. Discovered the problem was that Dell installed each individual Office App from the MS Store. As a result, office never shows up in control panel to uninstall. However, you can actually uninstall each individual office app by right clicking on them in the start menu. I uninstalled all of them then re-installed office (desktop apps) from Office 365 account & that worked. Office show up in the control panel and so does the Mail Icon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments