Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-09T20:51:22+00:00

    I noticed this happened to me after I was playing around with 2 FA.  Now I have to go into Outlook/Account Settings to manage my profiles.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-09T22:13:00+00:00

    Thank you, your fix did solve the issue.  Now I see the mail icon and also see Office in Programs and Features.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-28T22:28:07+00:00

    I am installing a new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 for a client. I had the same problem – the mail icon was missing from the Control Panel.

    In Outlook 2016, I could configure an Exchange mail account. But I could not configure it manually, like changing the location of the OST file.

    So I followed the instructions of thecompu: Uninstall each Office application separately, and then downloading and installing Office 2016 from my clients Office account. Now there is an mail icon in the Control Panel.

    Unbelievable how Dell screwed this up. Instead of saving time because Office is preinstalled, it takes extra time to remove it and re-install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-29T14:37:16+00:00

    Unbelievable how Dell screwed this up. Instead of saving time because Office is preinstalled, it takes extra time to remove it and re-install it.

    As much as I'm loathe to defend Dell—and they make my life harder than it should be IMO—I don't think this is their doing. Microsoft wants the Microsoft Store to be the nexus for apps just like Apple with the Mac App Store inside macOS (Mac OS X). I imagine this was a condition Microsoft either placed on Dell or Dell agreed to because there was a way out.

    Of course, this is all conjecture and pretty irrelevant. For now, this is what one has to do if one has to run multiple profiles in Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-04-10T13:01:47+00:00

    I had the same issue. Simple solution. Downloaded and installed the Office suite from my firm's Office 365 portal (select 'Install Office'). If you're using the pre-installed Office suite applications that came on your computer (mine was a new laptop) and you have activated those applications by entering your MS or O365 account details, the 'Mail' profile app will not appear in Control Panel. If, however, you download and install the Office suite from your O365 website, so in effect reinstalling Office over the existing Office suite with a full Office suite install, then the 'Mail' profile app appears in Control Panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments