Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-24T15:43:37+00:00

    What about my proposed fix didn't resolve your problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-24T22:34:36+00:00

    The fix for us has been to stop ordering PC's with Office preloaded.  Its not worth the time to sort out the activation and other issues related with Office bundled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-02T05:25:33+00:00

    It's even easier. Open Outlook, then go to File/Account Settings/Account Settings and you'll see the panel from Control Panel / Mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-05T08:25:05+00:00

    Thx a lot for this answer saved me time !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-09T15:26:14+00:00

    I did something kind of similar and it worked for me. I had been trying to install a copy of Office 2016 from Office 365 and the icon just would not appear no matter what. I tried 32 and 64 bit both to no avail.

    I completely uninstalled Office and by that I mean I used Microsoft's Office Removal Tool: https://www.custompcreview.com/articles/use-microsoft-office-removal-tool-completely-uninstall-office/ (Google for it if this link stops working) and I also found in the registry where the Mail icon in the Control Panel resides and backed up/deleted the key, and then I rebooted the computer.

    I then installed my own copy of Office 2016 Professional Plus. I didn't try a clean install of Office 365, that may have worked. I just thought I needed to try something different and happened to have the .iso handy. Lo and behold, it worked! The Mail icon reappeared and I was able to get my user set up without any more issues. 

    It definitely sounds like a complete uninstall followed by a clean install is probably the answer here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments