Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-29T20:34:03+00:00

    I tried that. It didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-02T23:32:52+00:00

    Hi Erin,

    We have noticed that the post has been idle for quite some time now. We'd like to check and confirm if you're still having the same issue. If so, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Also, are you using the same version of Office? This is for us to know the next course of action we need to take.

    We will be waiting for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-08T09:48:24+00:00

    Hi. I have exactly the same issue. Win10 (1709) and office 365 Pro Plus.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-09T15:05:04+00:00

    I just went through this with Dell. Although I don't think this will cover all the issues people have reported here, I was happy to find a solution.

    My problem was the same as others. I had all these great Office applications but when I attempted to create a new Outlook profile for a client, I couldn't do it because the Mail Control Panel was missing. Office wasn't listed under Programs and Features or the new Windows 10 version of the same, so I couldn't run a repair-install.

    From what I understand, when Dell loads Office on a purchased PC, the applications get installed from the Microsoft Store. Each Office related application (Word, Excel, etc.) on the MS Store is an independent install. There's no overarching single installer like Click-To-Run or the old-timey 3GB+ MSI installers. The best you get is a My Office utility that allows you to install the individual applications, but those are still individual application installs and that utility offers no Repair option. 

    To fix Office, I had to scour the Start menu for all the Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, etc.), right click on each and select Uninstall.

    Once done, I logged into https://office.microsoft.com with the account I used to activate the Dell-installed version of Office. On the upper right, I clicked Install. That brought me to a page where I saw the just-activated copy and an Install button. Clicking this downloaded the Click-To-Run version, which I ran.

    Once done, Office was installed fully. The Mail Control Panel icon is there now and I see the usual Change/Remove options under Programs and Features. 

    I hope this helps someone. I don't want to go into all I did to try to resolve this! :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T22:21:38+00:00

    I have the same issue. Dell OptiPlex "OEM" Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 installation.

    Office 2016 is not listed in Programs and there is no mail icon in control panel.

    Were you able to get past the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments