Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-20T15:09:44+00:00

    Hello,

    In most cases, making changes to your email profile will require you to do it using the Mail icon in the Control Panel. If the icon is missing, installing available Windows updates can help you fix issues with missing icons in the Control Panel. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

    • Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you using the Exchange server on your email?

    In the meantime, we suggest using the search box in the Control Panel window and type Mail to see if the applet will appear.

    We are looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments