Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-11T19:00:31+00:00

    Thanks so much for sharing, thecompu.  This fixed it for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-07T16:29:05+00:00

    IF you can open Outlook. 

    My profile was so corrupt, it took almost 2 hours to open in SAFE MODE.

    NEVER again will I buy workstations with Office pre-loaded from Dell or anyone else.

    The hours and hours of frustration/anger/loss of productivity is not worth even $100 savings per PC.... honestly, the savings is virtually zero.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-04T09:23:15+00:00

    Thank You thecompu

    The Solution worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-10T23:58:18+00:00

    Just ran into this problem today and found a way to create a new Outlook profile.  It's essentially the same thing the Mail icon used to do:

    1. Launch Outlook
    2. Click File
    3. Click Outlook Settings
    4. Click Change Profile
    5. Press OK
    6. Launch Outlook again and the profile window will appear

    :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-04-30T23:23:38+00:00

    No.. that's not the entire solution.  There are applications (like QuickBooks 2018 Pro) that are looking for the mail profile as managed by the control panel mail app.  Without that configuration, QuickBooks can't find it.  Sure, you can add and manage accounts.. but old (broken, in my opinion) apps still don't work properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments