Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-24T08:14:00+00:00

    Opening MLCFG32.CPL directly did the trick for me. However, it was located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16 rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-16T23:18:04+00:00

    That work for me. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-13T17:33:46+00:00

    I encountered the same issue. Discovered the problem was that Dell installed each individual Office App from the MS Store. As a result, office never shows up in control panel to uninstall. However, you can actually uninstall each individual office app by right clicking on them in the start menu. I uninstalled all of them then re-installed office (desktop apps) from Office 365 account & that worked. Office show up in the control panel and so does the Mail Icon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-15T21:33:38+00:00

    I believe this is just one more way to make us buy a new version of Office.

    I can not reinstall Outlook 2010 as I can not access a Mail app and it has the old setting of my previous installation that now does not have a PST file associated with it. I have spent over 20 hrs trying to fix outlook 2010 over the past 4 months on my Windows 10 computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-09-11T19:00:31+00:00

    Thanks so much for sharing, thecompu.  This fixed it for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments