I'm afraid to start outlook, its going to check my outlook and delete mail over 14 days old. (That was the past default) I want to keep all mail. In the past I had to change this before using the mail. Now we are forced to setup using outlook app. Not all fits in your neat little box.
Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel
Hi MSFT,
I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.
I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked. I don't have any office14 or office15 installed
MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.
rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"
My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?
[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-04-19T18:25:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-02-24T15:43:37+00:00 What about my proposed fix didn't resolve your problem?
-
Anonymous
2018-02-08T09:48:24+00:00 Hi. I have exactly the same issue. Win10 (1709) and office 365 Pro Plus.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-02T23:32:52+00:00 Hi Erin,
We have noticed that the post has been idle for quite some time now. We'd like to check and confirm if you're still having the same issue. If so, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Also, are you using the same version of Office? This is for us to know the next course of action we need to take.
We will be waiting for your response.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-22T14:33:30+00:00 Hello EvaYu,
Thank you for the tip! However, I don't have that .MPL file, nor is there even a Microsoft Office folder under either Program Files folder.
I ended up calling Dell, because I was also unable to get Office 2016 to activate. They were telling me that Office 2016 has to be tied to the Microsoft account that I used to order the system with... but I didn't use a Microsoft account to order it. Long story short, after about 4 hours, they got Office reinstalled and activated.
However, I still don't have the control panel applet. What I did notice is that all of the Office executables for Outlook, Word, etc. are in a subfolder of the user's profile directory -
AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps/Microsoft.Office.Desk_<random letters and number>
I have never seen this before. Is this something new with Office, or, is this a Dell thing now?
I gather that if we ever remove this user's profile from Windows, it will remove Office as well.
Thanks