I had the same issue. Simple solution. Downloaded and installed the Office suite from my firm's Office 365 portal (select 'Install Office'). If you're using the pre-installed Office suite applications that came on your computer (mine was a new laptop) and you have activated those applications by entering your MS or O365 account details, the 'Mail' profile app will not appear in Control Panel. If, however, you download and install the Office suite from your O365 website, so in effect reinstalling Office over the existing Office suite with a full Office suite install, then the 'Mail' profile app appears in Control Panel.
Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel
Hi MSFT,
I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.
I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked. I don't have any office14 or office15 installed
MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.
rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"
My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?
[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-04-10T13:01:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-03-09T15:26:14+00:00 I did something kind of similar and it worked for me. I had been trying to install a copy of Office 2016 from Office 365 and the icon just would not appear no matter what. I tried 32 and 64 bit both to no avail.
I completely uninstalled Office and by that I mean I used Microsoft's Office Removal Tool: https://www.custompcreview.com/articles/use-microsoft-office-removal-tool-completely-uninstall-office/ (Google for it if this link stops working) and I also found in the registry where the Mail icon in the Control Panel resides and backed up/deleted the key, and then I rebooted the computer.
I then installed my own copy of Office 2016 Professional Plus. I didn't try a clean install of Office 365, that may have worked. I just thought I needed to try something different and happened to have the .iso handy. Lo and behold, it worked! The Mail icon reappeared and I was able to get my user set up without any more issues.
It definitely sounds like a complete uninstall followed by a clean install is probably the answer here.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-23T22:21:38+00:00 I have the same issue. Dell OptiPlex "OEM" Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 installation.
Office 2016 is not listed in Programs and there is no mail icon in control panel.
Were you able to get past the issue?
-
Anonymous
2018-01-29T20:34:03+00:00 I tried that. It didn't work.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-23T19:12:00+00:00 I have the same issue with 3 Dell laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Office 2016 is downloaded from portla.office.com and I'm trying to configure Outlook 2016 for an on-premise Exchange 2016 server.