Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-29T20:24:53+00:00

    I have the exact same issue.  Brand new fresh-out-of-the-box Dell OptiPlex 7050 PC, Dell "OEM" Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 installation.  There is no "Mail" icon in Control Panel, nor is Office 2016 even listed on the Programs and Features/Remove list.

    It's like Dell's shipping half-baked Office installs with these latest systems.  Outlook just gets some bogus "can't find that user" type error when launching and entering verified-correct e-mail credentials for Office 365.  Can't set up the mail account manually because there's no mail icon in Control Panel.  Can't uninstall because there's no Office H&B listed in Control Panel.

    Looks like Dell just screwed up all things Office.  I'm going to just try to log in directly to Office.com/Account and see if I can manually download/install from there.

    -Dan

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T22:13:05+00:00

    I am having the same issue.  Dell laptop.  Not using Office at all.  I rebooted m PC and got the "creator" update.  Not I don't have the mail or calendar app on my PC.  I can go into settings.  Under "accounts", under "email and app accounts", my email accounts are listed.  I can add and delete from there.  The mail icon and app are apparently missing.  They only way I can seem to find it is to click a "mailto: link on a web page and it opens, but as soon as I close the webpage, the app is gone.  No way to pull up an inbox to check email, and the mail (and calendar) apps are not listed in my start menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-29T14:37:16+00:00

    Unbelievable how Dell screwed this up. Instead of saving time because Office is preinstalled, it takes extra time to remove it and re-install it.

    As much as I'm loathe to defend Dell—and they make my life harder than it should be IMO—I don't think this is their doing. Microsoft wants the Microsoft Store to be the nexus for apps just like Apple with the Mac App Store inside macOS (Mac OS X). I imagine this was a condition Microsoft either placed on Dell or Dell agreed to because there was a way out.

    Of course, this is all conjecture and pretty irrelevant. For now, this is what one has to do if one has to run multiple profiles in Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-02T10:25:25+00:00

    I experienced the same issue provisioning a brand new out of the box HP laptop, I made the mistake connecting the users office 365 account to the outlook desktop App that came preinstalled with the PC It worked fine behaved as expected (creating local file Etc), until I tried to Connect PST file, (I was told I didn't have permissions?), and trying to Connect my on prem Dynamics 2016 outlook add-in; the installation told me that MS outlook was not installed??, err im using it?

    and no Mail32 file

    So I logged into users MS 365 account and downloaded re-ran the install for there, this overwrote the Preinstalled Office apps, and now I have a Mail 32 file and Outlook working correctly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-24T20:27:18+00:00

    Hi Erin,

    For us to have a better understanding about your concern, we would like to know if you received any error message when trying to configure your Outlook 2016. Also, are you have the same issue with the missing Mail icon in your Control Panel?

    We will be waiting for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments