Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Anonymous
2017-12-20T11:32:19+00:00

Hi MSFT,

I am using Office 365 pro plus downloaded from portal.office.com. And I suddenly lost mail icon in my Windows10 Control panel.

I did quick/online repair, reinstalled office 2016, nothing worked.  I don't have any office14 or office15 installed

MLCFG32.CPL is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

I ran the command, but mail icon does not show up either.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

My office is the latest Version 1712, see the screenshot below. Any suggestions?

[Moved from:Office/Outlook/Windows 10/Office 2016]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-10T23:58:18+00:00

    Just ran into this problem today and found a way to create a new Outlook profile.  It's essentially the same thing the Mail icon used to do:

    1. Launch Outlook
    2. Click File
    3. Click Outlook Settings
    4. Click Change Profile
    5. Press OK
    6. Launch Outlook again and the profile window will appear

    :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-22T05:45:25+00:00

    I have got latest Windows Update on my laptop.

    1. I am connected to a domain
    2. I am using Exchange Online mailbox, sorry I don't have the permission for Office 365 portal.

    I did search mail in control panel but it is empty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T20:50:31+00:00

    I have the same issue here on a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 pre-installed.

    I need to create a new mail profile, but, there is no mail applet to do so with.  All available updates, as of this date, are installed.

    Thx

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-24T22:34:36+00:00

    The fix for us has been to stop ordering PC's with Office preloaded.  Its not worth the time to sort out the activation and other issues related with Office bundled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-22T10:22:00+00:00

    If you access mail via web browser log-on you wont have any mail applet in the control panel, it will only exist if you have installed Office/Outlook a desktop version

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments