While shut down or restart getting message that "someone is still using" my pc

Anonymous
2017-10-29T06:54:41+00:00

I am getting this problem after the fall creators update .It's happening sometimes when I click shut down or restart a message pops up, it says someone else is using my pc, I do have another user in my pc but that user is not in use when I am getting that massage. I also clean installed my OS but the problem is still there. The Microsoft support staff also failed to sort out the problem. I am adding a photo of the message.

Its very unfortunate that after so many cumulative updates and even one major update version 1803 MS still did not fixed this issue, as if they are unaware of this.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-12-05T22:33:15+00:00

I used this and it fixed the issue:

Open the Settings app and go to Accounts > Sign-in Options. Scroll to the bottom until you reach the Privacy section and UNSELECT the option to "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart." Do this for EVERY account on your PC.

Hopefully it helps you as well. 


Moderator's note: Information updated for this reply to help users facing this issue.


Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T07:23:50+00:00

    I get the same problem and agree with the original post regarding using a sledgehammer to crack a nut!

    Microsoft -if you valued your customers you create a fix and update . You cannot expect Customers to spend hrs o their valuable time having to back up files etc 

    Its far from satisfactory the way Microsoft treats its customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-12T12:53:33+00:00

    Does Microsoft realize people have jobs and families?  How much time does Windows require troubleshooting random messages that seem to suggest our Windows PC has been taken over by hackers?  Is it ~40 hrs/week trying all these steps for this problem, and then all the others too?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-09T23:40:24+00:00

    Step 4: Go back to a previous build, doesn't exist. Only keep my files, and remove everything.

    Why is this missing. Why is there no create system image backup option in win10.

    Why have these latest win10 updates not updated?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-23T02:49:38+00:00

    I only have one account and I just started getting the message. Windows won't even let me revert to a previous version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments