High CPU usage in state repository service after clean install of Fall Creators Update while online via ethernet

Anonymous
2017-10-21T09:08:14+00:00

Why do apps including Microsoft Edge and Settings freeze when clicking on hyperlinks and make CPU usage reach 100% on state repository service after a totally clean install including deleting all partitions of the Fall Creators Update while online via Ethernet.  The only fix is to reinstall the ISO media with the Ethernet cable unplugged and wait until the OOBE setup asks for the region before reconnecting the Ethernet cable.  I have to physically unplug the Ethernet cable from the router to prevent it from accessing the internet during the first just a moment phase of the OOBE setup before the region setup.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-24T03:44:19+00:00

    Do you have some other errors or any messages in system logs?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-24T01:02:20+00:00

    Didn't help me at all :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-18T03:01:22+00:00

    If anyone (e.g. at Microsoft) wants, I can replicate this at will in a new install of Windows 10 16299.64 on a Hyper-V Virtual Machine, and can also provide the exact programmatic steps (e.g. unattend files, PowerShell scripts) needed to replicate.

    In fact, I can't stop replicating it.

    EDIT 12/11/2017: Just replicated in 16299.98

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-15T23:55:39+00:00

    Finally, after a couple of hours of searching and digging, I solved this problem.

    Some really help to run the command in PowerShell under the administrator:

    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    or perform a reset and repair MicrosoftEdge in Settings but  not for me.

    After a long digging, I noticed that during the boot, messages appear in the system log

    Win+R -> eventvwr -> Windows Logs -> System

    Similar content:

    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with

    CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

    and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

    to the user NT AUTHORITY*SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.*

    And I decided that this is probably related.

    For fix this error, you need to find this APPID in the registry

    Win +R ->regedit

    There should be 2 entries

    1 

    And 2

    Everyone needs to get the right to change, I needed to change the owner to "Administrator". After all, you will probably need to restart your computer.

    After you need to find this application in DCOM Config

    1. Open Control Panel -> Administrative tool.
    2. Open component services.
    3. Click Computer, click my computer, then click DCOM.
    4. Look for the corresponding service that appears on the error viewer.
    5. Right click on it then click properties.
    6. Click security tab then click Add User. Add SYSTEM then apply.
    7. Tick the Activate local box.

    In addition to the SYSTEM user, I needed to add LOCAL SYSTEM. Maybe you have someone else you need to add.

    After I cleaned and reset Microsoft Edge and rebooted.

    I hope this helped

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments