First, uninstall the Upgrade Assistant.
Open Control Panel > Programs and Features > Windows 10 Update Assistant
Select it then click Uninstall
Open C:\ drive
Select the Windows10Upgrade folder
Then delete it
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm running Windows 10 1607 on a system that isn't compatible with version 1709. But Windows thinks it is compatible, and so every day it runs Windows 10 Update Assistant and tries to download a 5GB update that will inevitably fail to install if I let it run. (I've set up a metered connection to block this from automatically happening.)
How do I completely block Windows 10 Update Assistant from running?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
First, uninstall the Upgrade Assistant.
Open Control Panel > Programs and Features > Windows 10 Update Assistant
Select it then click Uninstall
Open C:\ drive
Select the Windows10Upgrade folder
Then delete it