Windows Live Mail Import Problem after Clean Install

Anonymous
2017-11-02T14:40:08+00:00

After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called.  I messed up and received email from my ISP.  Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP?   I do not want to mess anything up.

I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it?    Is there another free email program that MS offers?  If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?

Thanks!        CarrmasDad2

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T00:54:25+00:00

    Like I posted before

    After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called.  I used the same link that you supplied from a previous thread.   I messed up and received email from my ISP.  Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP?   I do not want to mess anything up.

    I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it?    Is there another free email program that MS offers?  If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?

    My computer has Windows 7, I did a clean install, Not a clean repair. 

       Please refer to my previous posts.    I do not know of any way that I can describe the problem better.   Like I have posted I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several time, NO LUCK    Thanks   CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T00:56:15+00:00
    1. Laptop or Desktop
    2. Age of computer
    3. make/model
    4. Operating system installed (e.g. Windows 7)
    5. 32 or 64 bit? (Right-click on Computer, choose Properties)
    6. Capacity of disk drive, how much is in use?  Pie chart shown in Computer
    7. Model number of hard drive (click Disk in Device Manager)
    8. How much memory is installed? (Right-click on Computer, choose Properties)
    9. Please list ALL installed programs.....
    10. Security software installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T15:44:13+00:00

    please bare with me!

    1. Laptop or Desktop  Desktop
    2. Age of computer  7 years +  how can I check on this?
    3. make/model  built in a computer shop/store
    4. Operating system installed (e.g. Windows 7)  Windows 7
    5. 32 or 64 bit? (Right-click on Computer, choose Properties)  64 bit
    6. Capacity of disk drive, how much is in use?  Pie chart shown in Computercapacity 465gb, 93.3gb in use
    7. Model number of hard drive (click Disk in Device Manager) 
    8. How much memory is installed? (Right-click on Computer, choose Properties) 
    9. Please list ALL installed programs..... 
    10. Security software installed?  Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Firewall with Advanced Security

    do you have any ideas what is going on with the Windows Live Mail and why it is not working, like I have said I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it several time.    Thanks!    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T16:08:52+00:00

    7 Years, that's a tip off.  I am concerned that your hard drive may be beginning to fail.  

    Please download and run:  

    http://www.seagate.com/ca/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

    SeaTools for Windows.  It is the Seagate (manufacturer of your hard drive hardware checker.  Report back the results of three tests.

    In any event, even if it passes, I would very seriously consider drive replacement.  Not difficult at all in a desktop.  Cost should be around $70 or so for a 500G 7200rpm drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T20:24:24+00:00

    Here you go!    I am using the MS Security Essentials, the Seagate site shows that I have no anti virus program installed. Just what does MSE do?  What kind of anti virus program do you use, and is it free?

    How would the Hard Drive be the cause of Live Mail not working?

    Many thanks   CarrmasDad2

    Just what is involved in putting a hard drive in and how do you get everything off of the old drive and on to the new one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments