Windows Live Mail Import Problem after Clean Install

Anonymous
2017-11-02T14:40:08+00:00

After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called.  I messed up and received email from my ISP.  Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP?   I do not want to mess anything up.

I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it?    Is there another free email program that MS offers?  If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?

Thanks!        CarrmasDad2

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T01:27:44+00:00

    Have you run chkdsk c: /r

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T00:23:46+00:00

    here you go.      CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T21:36:47+00:00

    Please click that link again.  Download SeaTools for Windows, install it and run all the tests.  Report the results and then we can go from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T20:24:24+00:00

    Here you go!    I am using the MS Security Essentials, the Seagate site shows that I have no anti virus program installed. Just what does MSE do?  What kind of anti virus program do you use, and is it free?

    How would the Hard Drive be the cause of Live Mail not working?

    Many thanks   CarrmasDad2

    Just what is involved in putting a hard drive in and how do you get everything off of the old drive and on to the new one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T16:08:52+00:00

    7 Years, that's a tip off.  I am concerned that your hard drive may be beginning to fail.  

    Please download and run:  

    http://www.seagate.com/ca/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

    SeaTools for Windows.  It is the Seagate (manufacturer of your hard drive hardware checker.  Report back the results of three tests.

    In any event, even if it passes, I would very seriously consider drive replacement.  Not difficult at all in a desktop.  Cost should be around $70 or so for a 500G 7200rpm drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments