Windows Live Mail Import Problem after Clean Install

Anonymous
2017-11-02T14:40:08+00:00

After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called.  I messed up and received email from my ISP.  Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP?   I do not want to mess anything up.

I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it?    Is there another free email program that MS offers?  If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?

Thanks!        CarrmasDad2

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T15:37:03+00:00

    I tried using the Snipping tool on the programs list, and I could not do it.  If it can be done please let me know how!  To get the following pictures I did Screen shots and cropped them.  Old expression  "More then one way to skin a cat"  The last picture is a Snip,

    I did not find Wininit!   Am I looking in the wrong place?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T01:04:41+00:00

    I am planning on offering you a solution that will take a lot of time but works for me every time.  I just need this information to base my advice on.

    Snips of the list of programs in the Program list are fine.

    Please use Event viewer again and find Wininit in the Application list.  Then snip it to display the results too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T01:00:11+00:00

    You are right, it took well over the hour!

    info from source.  Is there a better way to show the info?  If I placed the cursor over the 1/9/2017 shows 11/9/2017

    Please provide me with a COMPLETE list of every application program installed on your computer.   How can I get this?   Will snips be OK?

    I am starting to think the set up link for Windows Essentials and my computer do not like one another!        Thanks       CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T15:42:18+00:00

    Please run chkdsk c: /r

    1. Click Start button (bottom left)
    2. Click Accessories
    3. RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
    4. Choose Run as administrator
    5. Type chkdsk c: /r into the black box
    6. Click Y for Yes
    7. Type exit
    8. Restart your computer and let the program run

    the r parameter is the correct one to not only FIND errors but FIX them too.

    It should take over an hour to run

    Please provide me with a COMPLETE list of every application program installed on your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T03:08:34+00:00

    what does the WARNING F parameter not specified etc.

    What email program and anti virus programs do you use and or recommend?

    Thanks!  CarrmasDad

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments