I don't understand what working off line has to do with your original question?
Any computer can be offline simply by pulling the Ethernet cable or disconnecting the wireless connection.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called. I messed up and received email from my ISP. Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP? I do not want to mess anything up.
I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it? Is there another free email program that MS offers? If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?
Thanks! CarrmasDad2
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I don't understand what working off line has to do with your original question?
Any computer can be offline simply by pulling the Ethernet cable or disconnecting the wireless connection.
Sorry and being late!
I tried to work offline in Windows Live Mail and it does not work, so I tried the alt l and I do not have the WORK OF LINE feature. Why Not?
As I mentioned last time when I attempted to Import emails I rec. emails from my ISP, this is why I tried to work off line. Please Help! CarrmasDad2
If you used the in-built backup from WLM, you should be able to import those folders.
Click the ,
choose import messages. The rest should follow from there.
Not really sure if this will affect more current email already on file. I would backup up the current email first. Clear all email. Import the messages, then import the current email you just backed up.
Here are the backup instructions I provide my clients:
Backup Windows Live Mail & contacts
Windows Live Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft. Not such a bad thing because that also means they are less likely to mess it up. For your own security, you should download a copy of the program and store it in your backup drive in case you need to re-install for some reason: http://web.archive.org/web/20170112124505/http://wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/C/1/B/C1BA42D6-6A50-4A4A-90E5-FA9347E9360C/en/wlsetup-all.exe
Move your Mail folder (a one time thing)
Windows Live Mail (WLM) sets itself up in a very inconvenient place. Hard to find. There is no reason not to move it to a more accessible location on your hard drive. This is a one time thing. Once you do it, you will never have to do it again. Now, make backing up that folder a regular part of your regular backup procedure, in addition to the above steps
To move it:
The reason you should do this is that in the future you will be following the back up procedure above, BUT also you will be backing up that Mail folder to your external hard drive as well. The reason to do this is that if ever your system needs to be re-built, the re-builder can copy that Mail folder to the right place in your “new” system and all of your mail, contacts, calendars and whatever the way you have WLM set up, will be in effect in the new computer.
Once Windows is re-built and all is working, download WLM 2011.
The 2011 version works better than the 2012 one. The main advantage of the 2011 version is that Groups do not work in 2012. If you do not use groups, download WLM 2012 from the Microsoft site
You should now use the “move” procedure above on your new or newly re-built PC.