Windows Live Mail Import Problem after Clean Install

Anonymous
2017-11-02T14:40:08+00:00

After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called.  I messed up and received email from my ISP.  Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP?   I do not want to mess anything up.

I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it?    Is there another free email program that MS offers?  If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?

Thanks!        CarrmasDad2

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T15:42:18+00:00

    Please run chkdsk c: /r

    1. Click Start button (bottom left)
    2. Click Accessories
    3. RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
    4. Choose Run as administrator
    5. Type chkdsk c: /r into the black box
    6. Click Y for Yes
    7. Type exit
    8. Restart your computer and let the program run

    the r parameter is the correct one to not only FIND errors but FIX them too.

    It should take over an hour to run

    Please provide me with a COMPLETE list of every application program installed on your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T03:08:34+00:00

    what does the WARNING F parameter not specified etc.

    What email program and anti virus programs do you use and or recommend?

    Thanks!  CarrmasDad

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T01:27:44+00:00

    Have you run chkdsk c: /r

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-09T00:23:46+00:00

    here you go.      CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T21:36:47+00:00

    Please click that link again.  Download SeaTools for Windows, install it and run all the tests.  Report the results and then we can go from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments