File not found. Check the file name and try again.

Anonymous
2018-03-30T19:55:52+00:00

Running Wordpad and other applications, I cannot save a file. When I try to, I receive the error message "File not found. Check the file name and try again."

I have Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron and I have tried Windows and Dell diagnostics and CHKDSK/r/f to no avail.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-05-21T06:36:45+00:00

Turn off Controlled Folder Access:

  • Select Start  > Settings .
  • Choose Update & security  > Windows Defender.
  • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
  • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
  • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.

Was this answer helpful?

1100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-13T02:54:50+00:00

    Thanks, man, saved my life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-10T16:16:57+00:00

    Thank you!! it works for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-06T20:27:55+00:00

    That was perfect, thank you for sharing Abdullah.  It worked wonders with Excel and MS Access.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-22T01:35:28+00:00

    Life saver. I was going nuts

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments