How do I turn it off? It is horrendous. It blocks Outlook. (You realize that is a MS app right?). I have added Outlook as an allowed app. It doesn't work.
Syncing with my Google drive now fails. Writing to my documents folder fails. I've tried to unblock the app. No luck.
All of my Canon (You know - Canon - The world-renowned hackers and camera makers) software is blocked. I have had to unblock several applications. Maybe the CIO of Microsoft and Canon could get together to figure out which applications are safe. Include
folks from Alphabet (Google) to the meeting too.
I've gone through the useless steps of turning off the Controlled folder access. I click to turn it off. The popup asking if I will allow the app to make changes appears. I click yes. Then it turns this horrid pile of rubbish setting back on.
Where in the registry do I fix this myself? I never should have turned it on. I made this mistake about a week ago and have been dreading it ever since.