Having the same issue on two separate devices - and ASUS notebook and a MINIX micro PC. Have you managed to find any other solutions (aside from the millions of suggestions of 'uninstall devices and drivers, restart, reinstall ... which I've done a million times too!).
RealTek audio driver on windows 10 1709 doesn't work anymore
I recently upgraded my Dell XPS 9333 laptop from windows 10 1703 to 1709. Consequence: the sound device in the system tray is marked with a red cross. The RealTek audio doesn't work anymore.
Before the windows upgrade my RealTek audio driver was the most recent version. Removing and installing the RealTek audio driver doesn't solve the problem.
How can the problem be solved?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-03-10T15:40:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-03-27T21:15:55+00:00 I have the same problem. After update 1709 sound doesn't work on my Asus x205ta. When i use latest RealTek audio drivers i have the following message in Device Manager:
Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor Low Power Engine Audio - Host Bridge - 0F28
I've tried all steps listed in this topic - still nothing.
Finally i solve the problem. I downloaded latest bios from Asus website and install it. Sound works fine 🙂
-
Anonymous
2018-04-17T18:33:36+00:00 This seems to be an ongoing issue with Microsoft.
This is the third time Microsoft has broken my sound with a "update".
Before I could just restore the original sound drivers and get it to work.
This time even that is unsuccessful. What really dismays me though is every time, Microsoft responds as if this is something new. They have to know they are causing this problem. A simple search reveals literally thousands of complaints to this problem and yet...
Is the issue somehow related to the fact that it is a 32 bit version windows 10 running on a x64 bit processor? Just trying to understand why it won't install the driver with the error this driver not supported on this platform" when it use to work before the update.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-08T15:31:30+00:00 Same issue with MSI GT73. Occured everytime with 1709. I had to roll back to 1703. Have tried all troubleshooting steps supplied in this thread (and then some). Now 1803 is out, and cannot roll back. I have a $2500 paperweight.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-15T13:19:53+00:00 Hi Jim,
Apologies for the delay. Try reloading the driver by uninstalling it from the Device Manager, then restart your computer for Windows to automatically detect the driver.
- Right-click on the Start menu, and select Device Manager.
- Collapse Sound, video and game controllers, might differ.
- Right-click on the Realtek driver, select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab, then Uninstall device.
- Restart your computer.
Let us know how it goes.