RealTek audio driver on windows 10 1709 doesn't work anymore

Anonymous
2017-12-08T16:27:09+00:00

I recently upgraded my Dell XPS 9333 laptop from windows 10 1703 to 1709. Consequence: the sound device in the system tray is marked with a red cross. The RealTek audio doesn't work anymore.

Before the windows upgrade my RealTek audio driver was the most recent version. Removing and installing the RealTek audio driver doesn't solve the problem.

How can the problem be solved?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-14T19:53:42+00:00

    I only installed High Definition Audio Codecs (software).

    I didn't installed AC'97 Audio Codecs. Where can I find a version for windows 10? A software from a website that can be trusted?

    The ALC5621 (datasheets) is not a software, only a datasheet.

    Kind regards,

    Luc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-16T22:59:59+00:00

    Hello Luc,

    After reading through the thread, you may simply visit Realtekto download the driver needed.

    Moreover, you may follow the advised steps and methods to confirm compatibility. Here's

    Andre Da Costa 's forum article for guidelines:

    How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

    Update us with the outcome.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-19T08:26:05+00:00

    Hello Jane,

    What's new in your proposal?

    I went to the realtek site http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

    I did install the Vista/Win7 64 bit driver:

    Result: still the same; not working. 

    Isn't this you proposed? 

    Kind regards,

    Luc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-19T16:18:45+00:00

    I have the same problem and I had to make the decision to go back to a previous Windows compilation. It has been the only way to recover my audio.

    I hope there is someone with a better solution to have Windows updated with the audio working well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-07T01:38:42+00:00

    Same Problem.

    Micosoft, pls provide solution ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments