RealTek audio driver on windows 10 1709 doesn't work anymore

Anonymous
2017-12-08T16:27:09+00:00

I recently upgraded my Dell XPS 9333 laptop from windows 10 1703 to 1709. Consequence: the sound device in the system tray is marked with a red cross. The RealTek audio doesn't work anymore.

Before the windows upgrade my RealTek audio driver was the most recent version. Removing and installing the RealTek audio driver doesn't solve the problem.

How can the problem be solved?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-22T16:03:51+00:00

    Fair enough. Just saying what worked for me  it was a big fluff around but it worked. I agree with chipsets etc. It seemed endless until I decided that route

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-22T16:11:08+00:00

    Fair enough. Just saying what worked for me  it was a big fluff around but it worked. I agree with chipsets etc. It seemed endless until I decided that route

    some vendors use customized solutions for whatever reason so the problems can be subtle. Notebook machines are notorious for unorthodox hardware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments